Please note that start times have changed. Weekday services start at 7:30pm this year. Sunday service on December 22 starts at 7pm. Christmas Eve services scheduled at 5pm, 6:30pm, 8pm, 9:30pm, and 11pm. Christmas Eve services may start early if the chapel is full.
|December 17 ||7:30pm ||Jeff Walter (Liberty Worship Center) || Carrie Lowe || |
|December 18 ||7:30pm || |
Gerry Stoltzfus (Life Discovery Church)
| Iris Rodgers || Evelyn Ganas |
|7:30pm ||Sue Koenig (Graceham Moravian Church) || Steve Purcell & Larry Belula || Evelyn Ganas |
|December 20 ||7:30pm ||George Fry (Harvest Field Community Church) || George & Rod Fry || |
|December 21 ||7:30pm || |
| Bob Yost || Evelyn Ganas |
|7pm ||Glenn Peck || Forever Young || Nancy Peck |
|7:30pm ||Lin Smalec (Salem Church) || Bob Fisher || Karen Purcell |
|December 24 ||5pm || |
| Margo Hall || Margo Hall |
| ||6:30pm ||Tom Parris || Tom & Dorothy Parris || |
| || |
|Robert Beall (New LIFE Worship Center) || Theresa Beall || Tom Cline |
| || |
|Dale Williams || Dale Williams & son || Tom Cline |
| ||11pm ||Warren Rice (Living Word Ministries) || C. J. Borns || |
A few notes concerning our Christmas Services
- The address of the chapel for GPS navigation is 7504 Hampton Valley Road, Emmitsburg, MD
- We do not want to turn away anyone, but please remember that there is limited seating at the Chapel. Even with some additional chairs we are limited to about 100 people.
- Christmas Eve services are usually very well attended and may start somewhat ahead of the listed times if the ushers determine that all seats are filled. We suggest that you arrive in advance of the scheduled starting time. We cannot guarentee seating.
- Our parking lot area is limited, so please consider carpooling. Parking direction will be provided. There are no handicapped parking spaces available; we suggest pickup/dropoff in front of the chapel. The parking lot is gravel and may be muddy in spots if the ground is not frozen.
- Cell phone service in the area is unreliable; not all carriers provide service in this area and signal levels are marginal.
- Since we use candles and unvented propane heaters, anyone with respiratory difficulties should take appropriate precautions.
- There are steps and handrails at each entrance door.
- There are no indoor restroom facilities. There are two outhouses (Adam and Eve) to the rear of the property. If the ground is not frozen the area around the outhouses may be muddy.
- We use kerosene lanterns for outside lighting. While this is in keeping with the time when the chapel was built, they are not very bright. We strongly suggest bringing a small flashlight. Some supplimental motion sensor LED lights have recently been added at the outhouses for safety.
- Please use common sense and good judgment when traveling to or from the Chapel in inclement weather. The roads near the Chapel are narrow and hilly.
- In the event of snowfall or icy conditions, if the Snow Emergency Plan for Frederick County, MD is activated or we know of local problems with the roads leading to the Chapel, we will cancel services. The secondary roads leading to the Chapel are not cleared or treated until the primary routes are completed.
- Cancellations will be placed on the Home page of this web site and our Facebook page as soon as possible.
"Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For unto you this day is born in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign unto you: You will find the Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger."
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:
"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men!"